InSite Portal / WebAdvisor Link EVENTS | SITEMAP


Student Employment

Many students work while going to college.   The college recommends that working students maintain a reasonable balance between their work hours and course commitments.   Students who need to work are often working part-time.  On campus student employment has limited hours per week to ensure students can successfully complete their college courses.


Student Off-campus Employment Opportunities

Full & part-time off-campus employment for students, graduates & alumni is listed on-line.  Students & alumni may access these job listings from any computer with internet access 24/7 by going to the College Central Network:

CCC's Online Job Listings


Click on the appropriate icon (Student or Alumni), click on “Register Now” and use your seven (7) digit student ID # as your “Access ID.”



Federal College Work Study Employment on Campus

Federal College Work Study (FCWS) is a Financial Aid award which allows students who are receiving financial aid to work on-campus to receive the stipend.   In order to qualify for Federal College Work Study, students must submit their FAFSA on or before March 2nd, prior to the next academic year, and they must also mark YES on the Work Study box of the FAFSA. 


A limited number of on-campus FCWS funded student positions are available prior to, at the beginning of and during each semester.   An eligible list of Federal College Work Study students is established prior to the beginning of each academic year.  If you are receiving financial aid but have not yet received a FCWS award letter, you may still inquire about your potential Federal Work Study status from the Financial Aid or Job Placement office.


Once a student is on the eligible FCWS priority list, the Job Placement office refers the student to available on campus jobs onz a first come, first served basis.    When a student receives a job offer for an on-campus FCWS funded position, they need to report back to the Job Placement office for further instructions in order to complete the necessary forms for student employment.   Please note: Federal College Work Study funded positions are limited to a maximum of 15 hours per week when classes are in session.
CalWORKs Employment on Campus

In order to be eligible for CalWORKs, students must have dependent children and be receiving aid from the county Department of Employment and Human Services.   Once enrolled in the CalWORKs program, students interested in CalWORKs Work Study should request a referral to the Job Placement office for referral to available position on campus. CalWORKs Work Study funded positions are limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week when classes are in session.


Other Student Employment on Campus
On-campus employment for students not receiving Financial Aid or CalWORKs benefits is limited.  Individual campus departments occasionally hire student workers part-time.  Students may apply in person at any of the following departments: College Bookstore, Buildings & Grounds (North end of Receiving Building), Business Services (room AA-201), and Police Services (South end of Receiving Building).


On Campus Student Employee Requirements


All student employees must maintain a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher and maintain a course load of six (6) or more units during the Spring & Fall semesters and .5 or more units during the Summer intersession. (Contra Costa College Policy B2000.5)

Job Placement Services

Contra Costa College Job Placement Services also offers the following lifetime services by appointment only to any current student, graduate & alumnus:


•  Referral to internship opportunities
•  Access to career opportunities
•  Individual interview coaching
•  Expert professional resume and cover letter preparation


2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, CA. 94806
phone: 510-235-7800 | Comments | 4CD Confidential Hotline
District Office | Diablo Valley College | Los Medanos College | Brentwood Center | San Ramon
Page was Last Modified on 3/16/2010