All students are welcome to participate in the CSE program activities. The application process is simple. Download the online CSE Application Form, and then send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type or write legibly and provide a valid email address since we do most of our communication via email.
You should also submit all of the required documents (see List of Supporting Documents below) along with the application. Our funding agency, the National Science Foundation, requires that scholarship or stipend recipients are eligible for financial aid (fee waiver, BOG, etc). If you have never applied for Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at CCC or go to the FAFSA website and complete the application online.
If you do not qualify for Financial Aid you are still welcome to participate in the program and receive all academic benefits without receiving the scholarships. You may also want to submit a personal statement along with the application so we can help you better.
List of Supporting Documents
Scholarship availability varies depending on our funding situation. Please check with us regarding scholarship availability. If available, please submit the following supporting documents:
• Proof of fulltime enrollment from the Admissions & Records Office, our 3 unit INDIS 095 mentoring class can make up the fulltime enrollment.
• A copy of unofficial transcript from Web Advisor.
• A proof of Fee Waiver and/or Financial Aid Eligibility. You can obtain this in the Financial Aid section of Web Advisor, under My Financial Aid for Current Year.
• A letter of recommendation from a science, technology or math professor, or an academic counselor. The letter can be emailed directly to us.
• A complete Educational Plan obtained from CCC counselors.
• A one or two page personal statement telling us about yourself, your educational goals and career aspirations.
As soon as the application package is completed, it will be reviewed and you will be notified of our decision.
Once you are accepted to the program and notified that you will be receiving scholarships/stipends, please do the following:
• Come to our office and sign the contract , which is an agreement between the student and the Center for Science Excellence.
• Sign up for mentoring class INDIS-095 class. We will help you choose your mentor based on your major and career goals.
• Fill out the academic schedule for the current semester (forms are available in PS 109 on the table) and select a two hour time window when you will be tutoring. You choose the subject(s) you are comfortable tutoring.
• Start recording your study, tutoring, seminar and mentor meeting hours in the big white binder on the table in PS109. You are required to log in 9 hours in combination of all activities.
We look forward to your participation in the CSE program. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us.