The CRC placed its collection of books into the Library's collection several years ago. The regular library collection may also have related titles. Locate materials by searching the Library's online catalog for specific subjects or by the broad subject heading "Staff Development." The Library's media collection may also contain useful programs.
Additional training materials may be found online at the links below:
Computers / Software
- Computer Tutorials:Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Computers from the drop-down menu OR
Go to Lynda.Com (a districtwide subscription until Feb. 2015). The initial log-in is a two-step process. Step 1: Select login through your organization or school; enter www.4cd.edu. Step 2: On the resulting screen, log in using your InSite portal ID and password.
- Web design for Instruction: Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Teaching with Technology from the drop-down menu
- Universal Design for Web Sites: (Disabled User Accessibility) Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Computers and/or Teaching with Technology from the drop-down menu
Easy Grade Pro:
The college has a site license for this popular gradebook software. See the Easy Grade Pro Information page on Technology Services' website for download information.
Faculty Handbook (pdf)
Information about who we are, how we are organized, some college history, directions for pertinent college procedures and some suggested strategies for teaching and classroom management .
- District IT Dept provides directions to help with working in the portal. We have listed a few of them below. The handouts are also listed on the Getting Started tab on your own portal page or on the Faculty Directions menu in WebAdvisor.
- Faculty member Randy Watkins created a short (17 min) video showing how to set up and modify a class site: Quick InSite Class Setup
Pre-Approved Online Activities
The list of Pre-Approved Online Activites includes online classes and webinars on a variety of topics related to technology and teaching.
Professional Development Resources on the Web
Go to CCC Library Site Guidesand select Staff Development from the drop-down menu.
SQL Data for Program Review
The InSite Portal is also the access point to the data gathered by the District Research Dept. and assembled into various reports for use in program reviews.
Student Learning Outcomes Resources
Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Student Learning Outcomes from the drop-down menu.
- Classroom Assessment Group (CAG): Classroom assessment techniques provide a quick evaluation of teaching effectiveness and student learning. The CAG offers faculty the opportunity to participate in an online and face-to-face faculty forum that provides training and support in trying new CATs in their classrooms. See the Spring 2011 CAG flyer for more information.
- Classroom Assessment Wiki: The wiki provides a place where faculty can share and talk about CATs they have used. The wiki is part of the Classroom Assessment Group activity (offered in the Spring), but the wiki is open to ALL faculty. Will need to Request Access (a button on the wiki site).
- Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Teaching from the drop-down menu.
This collection includes links to education code and regulations, as well as teaching tips and principles.
- Go to Lynda.Com (a districtwide subscription until Feb. 2015), which also has modules on communication and other teaching skills. The initial log-in is a two-step process. Step 1: Select login through your organization or school; enter www.4cd.edu. Step 2: On the resulting screen, log in using your InSite portal ID and password.
Teaching with Technology
Go to CCC Library Site Guides and select Teaching with Technology from the drop-down menu. (See also Lynda.Com, following login directions as above.)