New Staff Email (mail.4cd.edu & Office365)
You can access your college email from any computer with a modern web browser and an Internet connection. Use the link below to access your college email (username and pasword required):
The link above should take you to a page that includes a login box similar to the illustration below.
- Your username is the same as your Insite Portal username followed by "@email.4cd.edu" (without the quotes). If your Insite Portal username is "jsmith123", your username to access your email through mail.4cd.edu is "firstname.lastname@example.org" (without the quotes).
- Your password is the same password you use to access the Insite Portal/WebAdvisor.*
- Once you have entered the above information, click the "Sign in" button.
Your Office 365 email password should be the same as your Insite Portal/WebAdvisor password. If one of them is different, or is changed, your email password will eventually be overwritten to match your Portal password automatically. If your email password suddenly stops working, try entering your Portal password.
Your password is case sensitive!
If you still are unable to login, contact the District IT helpdesk (x16888 or (925) 229-6888)
To configure your mobile phone to access your new college email account:
- On the mobile phone, launch "Exchange ActiveSync," or choose phone’s mail app and choose "Exchange ActiveSync" or "Microsoft Exchange".
- Add a new account.
- Enter the email address. This would be your Insite Portal email@example.com
- Enter your username and password. This would be your firstname.lastname@example.org and Insite Portal password.
- Enter your Exchange ActiveSync server name: m.outlook.com
- Domain name: email.4cd.edu
- This server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- Finish setting up your account.
(For more detailed information, please review the Mobile Phone Setup Reference).