InSite Portal / WebAdvisor Link EVENTS | SITEMAP
CCC HOME > ABOUT CCC > HISTORY > Shared Documents > HISTORY TOUR6
Contra Costa College History
 
 
 
In 1956, the college moved to its new home in San Pablo. With only two permanent buildings, many classes had to be held in portable classrooms (such as the ones in the bottom photo). Notice the traffic circle in what is now the quad area between the Student Activities Building and the Library.
 
 
 
ccc
  
Also notice the empty hills behind the campus -- no homes have been built above the college yet!

In 1958, the college changed its name to Contra Costa College.

 
 
<PREVIOUS          NEXT>
Text/photographs courtesy of the College Archives, THE ADVOCATE, and the Graphics Department.
Website maintained by Ellen Geringer egeringer @contracosta.edu.
 
Last updated: 27 February 2010
  
 
2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, CA. 94806
phone: 510-235-7800 | Comments | 4CD Confidential Hotline
District Office | Diablo Valley College | Los Medanos College | Brentwood Center | San Ramon
Page was Last Modified on 8/11/2009