InSite Portal / WebAdvisor Link EVENTS | SITEMAP
CCC HOME > ABOUT CCC > HISTORY > Shared Documents > HISTORY TOUR2
Contra Costa College History
 
 
 
 
cafeteria
 
 
 
Classes began at Contra Costa Junior College, West Campus on February 14, 1950.

Beginning enrollment was 500 students.The campus consisted of an assortment of old shipyard buildings, some wooden buildings, no grass, lots of blacktop, and a parking lot with a railroad line running through it (talk about problem parking!).

It also had views of Point Richmond's hills and of the ships moving through the adjacent canal.

The Cafeteria (seen left) is the last of the original buildings; a plaque was mounted on it in 2000 to commemorate the College's 50th anniversary.

 

<PREVIOUS          NEXT>

Text/photographs courtesy of the College Archives, THE ADVOCATE, and the Graphics Department.
Website maintained by Ellen Geringer egeringer@contracosta.edu.

Last updated: 15 February 2010
    

 
2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, CA. 94806
phone: 510-235-7800 | Comments | 4CD Confidential Hotline
District Office | Diablo Valley College | Los Medanos College | Brentwood Center | San Ramon
Page was Last Modified on 8/11/2009